Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Chief Keef Finally Rich Review

From an overnight sensation on YouTube to becoming the youngest major record label head in history, Chief Keef has arrived.  Seems to good to be true, all done before the New Year.  Chief Keef is now releasing his first album  "Finally Rich", documents his transcend from the underclass housing projects in Chicago to fame and riches all within less than a year.  Chief Keef and his GBE squad are bringing back teenage youth to mainstream rap. Avid rap fans can't vibe to Justin Bieber, we need a hero with a new sound.... Chief Keef! I Dont Like ft. Lil Reese was the single that set him in the spotlight. And now, he is releasing an album that has a brave new sound, much to my liking.


Everyone looks for the next big thing but it's here, and he's finally rich. "Gotta get this money, understand me?" and "Bestfriends with Ben Shawty, I'm Ballinnnn"; an overarching theme of the album is the artist's astonishment to this newfound wealth and fame such as songs like "No Tomorrow", "Ballin'", and "Finally Rich (the song)".  Are cathcy and provide lush and coopesatic rhythms. Especially the latter, "Finally Ric "in my opinion, is the best song on the album.  It is smooth, catchy and has a flow that is only right for the song encompassing the same title as the album.  In my neighborhood, I plan to hear this album with the bass on max, and people riding around in their cars bouncing to it. Chief Keef, is sort of a spokesperson for young youth who dream of doing what he has accomplished. I had a young boy, no older than 12 come up and ask me on the bus,  "You like Sosa, Chief Keef?"  Now, I did not know him but, he smiled as if saying yes, we would make a connection.That's crazy to me. Two random strangers coming together, relating to one another because of musical preference. A good one to be honest, one that doesn't need fancy lyrics or in-depth topics but, enough to persuade the youth to follow.  Now, if you have a radio or keep abreast on the latest hip-hop I trust you heard his singles; I Dont Like Ft. Lil Reese and Love Sosa & Hate Bein' Sober. The great songs off of "Finally Rich" that dropped today, on December 18th, the album a worthwhile purhcase.

The recurring theme of "Finally Rich" is his astonishment to his newfound wealth, another one is his daughter, Kiara. Wow, cat got your tongue? Really, that is the last thing you would the least you'd expect from him at such a young age. But, his daughter who's nickname is Kay Kay has an entire song dedicated to her on the album. Matter of fact, an entire Instagram account dedicated to her is run by Chief Keef himself. On at least six of his songs, Chief Keef mentions his daughter. Specifically on, "Got Them Bands", he said, "My Daughter’s Heaven Sent".  Parents might actually like, Chief Keef. 



Just like "I Dont Like" and his other song, "3Hunna was on his previous mixtape "Back "From The Dead" are like most of the other songs have bass-filled melodies and so simple its crazy lyrics.  "I cant spell sober, Im a smoker.. damn I hate being sober." Yeah, silly right? Well don't be suprised when you're bumping this song in the car listening to your local radio station. Like I previously stated, their is a lot of overarching themes, one is the production, Young Chop. A producer who has been with Mr. Keef since his early days, and provides the instrumental to the many hits I'm bumping now. On the contrary, Young Ravisu made an ambient change to the rapppers usually recurring theme with Citgo; which has an appeal where the rapper begins to sing.  Is this what to expect, more out of Keef?  The least to expect from, a hardcore, detached, and street rapper like Chief Keef.



Yes, if you don't like music that is catchy and fun to listen to.... Then "Finally Rich" isn't for you. Ultimately, I can say you have to judge for yourself if you like his album. It works for him, and works for his millions of fans. Another young man who benefited from his musical talents and made it work for him. He said in a prolouge to "Ballin' ", " I used to tell people like, Im going to have this, and I'm gonna have that, Im gonna get this, Im gonna get a car, I'm gonna be famous before you, Im gonna be rich before you" and yes he did. Safe to say, we get the message Keef, "I'm finally rich"

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/finally-rich-deluxe/id578036589

https://twitter.com/ChiefKeef

No comments:

Post a Comment