Friday, December 21, 2012

Sustaining in the Murder Capital.


Survival, is what I live by... crime is one look away from young minorities.  Since, the rise in gentrification, or putting minorities out of their homes, crime has risen we have no choice.  People are mad, times are hard, and it's survival of the fittest. Minorities have it the worst, and I mean it, the worst. In most cases, minorities are the ones that live in the underclass housing in major cities. More importantly, being without luxuries brings out either two types of hunger: positive or negative. The latter is the path a considerable amount decide to go down. And those who wish for better, must adapt or become targets.

Personally, I learned to adapt to my environment.  When you are in the street, look normal. You know the saying, first impressions go along way; trust it does. If you look like a "sweet" person, or an easy target, you'll be targeted. To make it worst if you're flashy and you're sweet, they're going to get you. I know many people, who have been targeted because of showing fear. Fear will make you weak, it is survival. Survival in the case of everyday life. What I mean is, if you are walking and you make eye contact with someone, don't show you're weak and frantically move your eyes. The strong pray on the weak. What I usually do is, hold it for a second to show I'm a man, and look away so I don't stare and show I'm about other business. Its natural, I have been doing this for a long time. It's my poker-face and very seldomly have I had any confrontation.

Glock 30
For real though, things happen. Life happens and you can't avoid it.  One way to avoid it though, is don't draw unnecessary attention to yourself.  I known people who have died or beaten all because they were "rapping". That is the worst thing you can possibly you can do. Run your mouth, and pull unnecessary attention to yourself. When you do that, someone will target you.  I like to keep my eyes wide open, no loafing, or being sweet and make sure I'm on my toes. For real, an older man once told me, G.A.B.O.S. (Gain Ain't Based On Sympathy). What I mean is, if something happens hold your own and if you lose, you lose. I have gotten into altercations where I'm outnumbered and I didn't ask for it. If you take a lost, take your lost. Revenge is what causes too much violence, now this is fighting, death is another topic.

Lastly, stay in your comfort zone.  Stay in areas you are well- known, have friends and close to home.  Don't make trips to places by yourself where you do not know people . Chances are, the odds won't be in your favor and you might get robbed. I stay in my neighborhood located in Uptown Washington, DC between NW Fort Totten to NW Georgia Ave-Petworth; more specifically, New Hampshire Ave to Illinois Ave. I know people, recognize faces, and won't be a target in those areas, I grew up around there.  Now, it isn't the toughest neighborhood not at all, but violence still happens anywhere. Four people were shot and killed on the side street of New Hampshire Ave on July 4th.  Crime can happen anywhere. Now, if you follow my instructions: Do not show fear and weakness, keep a poker-face, don't draw attention to yourself, and stayed in your comfort zone, you just might sustain in a murder capital.


http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/feb/19/violent-crime-dc-surges-2012/?page=all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Washington,_D.C.


http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=how+to+be+a+gangsta&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#hl=en&client=safari&tbo=d&rls=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=Sustain+in+murder+capital&oq=Sustain+in+murder+capital&gs_l=serp.3..33i21.22497.31492.1.31641.33.26.5.0.0.1.1065.5072.4j13j6j5-1j0j1.25.0.les%3Bepsugrpq1high..0.0...1.1.NBU1uR7gm00&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.dmQ&fp=df0c5e3e283a7a26&bpcl=40096503&biw=1280&bih=664


http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=how+to+be+a+gangsta&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#hl=en&client=safari&tbo=d&rls=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=how+to+not+be+a+target+for+bullying&oq=how+to+not+be+target&gs_l=serp.3.0.0i8j0i8i30j0i22.12720.18423.0.19345.24.22.1.0.0.2.458.4611.2j9j7j2j2.22.0.les%3Bepsugrpq1high..1.0...1.1.K6LEFmJATAs&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.dmQ&fp=df0c5e3e283a7a26&bpcl=40096503&biw=1280&bih=664

No comments:

Post a Comment